- What is Marine Algae?
- Where is it found?
- What is the organ of attachment to the substratum called? How does it differ from a true root?
- How does size vary in marine algae?
- Name the four groups of marine algae, indicating opposite the name of each group whether it is unicellular, multicellular, or both.
- Is most green algae found in fresh or salt water?
- What are diatoms?
- Where does algae grow best: in the polar, temperate, or tropical zone?
- Where is brown algae most invariably found: in fresh or salt water?
- What is the greatest depth that algae grows in the ocean? Why can it not grow in deeper water?
- Name the three parts of a large kelp. How do they compare to the leaf, stem, and root of a plant?
- Describe the two ways that algae reproduce.
- What are some of the commercial values of algae? Give at least one for each group.
- Make a collection of at least 20 specimens of marine algae properly identified, mounted, and labeled. There must be at least four specimens from the Green group; eight from the Brown group; and eight from the Red.
- Be able to identify by generic name at least ten types of marine algae.
Download Honor Book