- Know the life cycle of a moss, lichen, or liverwort.
- What are lichens?
- Name at least two ways lichens have been of value to man.
- How are liverworts different than all other green plants? Name one used in aquariums. What is its function?
- Describe at least three significant ways moss has played in the economy of man.
- Make a moss garden (small terrarium) or “eternal garden” using at least three different kinds of mosses and lichens.
- Find and identify five lichens, one liverwort, and six mosses.
- Observe the spore caps of several different kinds of moss under a magnifier to see the differences in “hair caps” and “teeth” that separate many species.
Download Honor Book