NOTE – In as much as the Master Guide requirements themselves prepare a person for leadership, it is intended that this Honor shall tie the interests of the Master Guide more definitely into the Adventist Junior Youth activities of the church, so that the church may have the fullest possible benefit of his training in this field of endeavor.
- Be a Master Guide.
- Read two books on adolescent development or leadership.
- Serve in anyone of the following offices for one year:
- AJY leader or associate leader
- Primary, Junior, Earliteen, or Youth, Sabbath School leader
- Staff member in an active Pathfinder Club
- Staff member at a Summer Youth Camp for a full summer program
- Prepare a group to be invested in one of the Pathfinder Classes during the current year and assist in conducting the Investiture service.
- Know at least 10 qualities of a good youth leader.
- Know the difference between juniors (10-12 year olds) and teens (13-15 year olds) in the following areas:
- Know principles in the proper administration of discipline to youth. Learn the following areas of discipline:
- Internal discipline
- External discipline
- Ten ways to prevent need for external discipline
- Five types of discipline procedures
Download Honor Book