- Prepare soil, fertilize, and plant a vegetable plot of not less than 100 square feet. Grow at least six different vegetables, three from seeds and three from seedlings, through harvesting.
- List ways to control insects and/or disease in your garden. Know when and how to apply insecticides and fungicides.
- What is mulch? How and why is it used in the garden?
- What is hardiness? Which vegetables are considered hardy in your area?
- Do one of the following:
- Test germination for 100 of the same kind of seeds.
- Make and use a hotbed or cold frame.
- Prepare any three vegetables for market.
- Make and use a storage bin or pit for your vegetables.
Download Honor Book