- What are perennials? Annuals? Biennials?
- Give general instructions for making a hotbed. What is the difference between a hotbed and a cold frame?
- What is drainage, and of what importance is it? How do you provide it?
- Name three plant pests and how to control them..
- Give instructions for making a window box, and tell its use.
- Name three kinds of fertilizers and give suggestions for their use.
- Prepare the soil, plant and grow to maturity three different kinds of annuals.
- Which three plant nutrients are most important to flowering plants?
- Care for two or more perennial flowers growing outdoors for one season. Maintain a written record with weekly entries listing work done.
- What is the purpose of soil test?
- Name three flowering plants adapted to each of the following conditions:
- Dry soils
- Full sun
- Moist soils
Download Honor Book