- Relate briefly the story of barter, showing three reasons why money came into being and naming at least 10 unusual forms of money used in place of currency.
- Relate briefly the history of coinage and/or paper currency in your country, making sure to mention the dates of the establishment of any mints or engraving plants. Also, discover some changes made in metals or designs giving any interesting highlights concerning such changes.
- Explain how money is distributed by the government in your country.
- Define any of the following terms as they may apply to your country’s monetary system:
- Cast coins
- Clad coinage
- Lettered edge
- Reeded edge
- Counterfeit proofing
- Magnetic strip
- Florescent ink
- Inflation controls
- Describe the obverse and reverse for paper money of the six lowest denominations currently in use in your country.
- Know how coins are graded in quality by collectors.
- Have a coin or notes from 10 different countries. Describe what is on each, give the names of any people or objects portrayed on them, and give the dates for them whenever possible.
- Do one of the following:
- Collect at least five coins or notes from your country that are no longer in circulation.
- Collect a date series of coins from your country beginning with your birth year (expensive and rare coins need not be included).
Download Honor Book