- Know the difference between low-temp and high-temp enameling.
- Name the materials on which the low-temp process can be used.
- What is the proper method of cleaning items to be enameled? Why is it important to clean items to be enameled?
- How is copper finished to prevent tarnishing?
- Name the tools used in enameling.
- What heat sources can be used for low-temp enameling? What safety precautions should be followed?
- How are pin backs and magnets attached to the back of metal pieces?
- Make at least five items using the following techniques:
NOTE: The high-fire firing for this honor need not be done by the candidate. This honor may be earned using either the high-fire or the low-fire enameling.
Download Honor Book