- Be able to look after a baby during several hours in the absence of its mother.
- List all the precautions to be taken when preparing the baby’s bottle; prepare it and give it to the baby.
- Prepare, bathe, change and dress the baby.
- Prepare the baby’s bed and put it to bed for the night.
- Know how to weigh a baby and to fill in the weigh schedule form.
- Explain why breast-feeding is superior to bottle-feeding.
- What is weaning?
- What is the fontanel (soft spot)? At about what age does it disappear?
- Interview staff at a local day care center regarding their organization and the help they offer to mothers.
Download Honor Book