- Give the general characteristics of antelopes.
- Give three size-groups of these animals, with two examples of each
- Be able to identify at least 15 different antelopes.
- What do they eat? How do they digest their food?
- Name three ways in which one benefits from having these animals in the country where one lives.
- What are “false hoofs”? Which members of this family do not have them?
- Which antelopes are classed as rare South African animals now? Where can they be seen, outside of the zoo and the museum?
- What natural enemies do the antelopes have? How do antelopes protect themselves and their young?
- Which is:
- The largest antelope?
- The swiftest runner?
- A good fighter?
- A good jumper?
- Chiefly nocturnal?
- Called “the African Chamois”?
- The national animal of the Union of South Africa?
- Say which antelope you like to watch most. Tell five of its habits.
Download Honor Book