- Pick a country you want to study.
- On a world map, find the location of the country and identify what continent it is on.
- Find, draw, or trace a map and flag of your country.
- Learn six facts about the country, such as those suggested below:
- Draw or find a picture of the native dress.
- Learn a Sabbath or secular song.
- Listen to the national anthem.
- Learn to play a Sabbath or secular game.
- Name the main religion.
- Collect a stamp, postcard, or coin.
- Read or listen to a legend, myth, or story.
- Make a simple craft or food from the country.
- Read in the Bible how languages originated at the tower of Babel (Genesis 11:1-9).
1. Use local church members, library, or website for information.
2. Recommended book and website are listed below. You may wish to make a country scrapbook.
Around the World Crafts, Games and Activities for Children Ministry by Jane Choun. www.countryreports.org – Flags, information and anthems.
www.yahooligans.com – link to flags of the world. Mythology and folklore (nine countries).
www.multcolib.org/homework – Information on countries and flags among many other topics.