- Own or have use of a Bible.
- Explain how to show respect for the Bible and how to care for it.
- Name the first and last books of the Bible and tell who wrote them.
- Tell or act out the following stories:
- Sin and sadness begin
- Jesus cares for me today
- Jesus comes again
- Locate, read, and discuss the following Bible verses about Jesus’ love for you. Memorize and repeat two of them.
- John 3:16
- Psalm 91:11
- John 14:3
- Psalm 23:1
- Your Choice
- Prepare and act out a Bible story or parable of your choice OR, with a group, recreate a Bible story in some sand.
NOTE: The Bible I Award is a requirement of the Busy Bee class work. It may be taught in the Adventurer Club or, by arrangement and cooperation, in the church school or Sabbath School class.
- If possible, see that each child has his or her own Bible. Teach that nothing is ever placed on a Bible and that the Bible is to be kept clean. Show how to be careful and how to handle the Bible reverently.
- Same as 1.
- Help the Adventurers locate Genesis and Revelation in their Bibles. Encourage them to locate each while a child tells about the author. Play Bible games, use felts, etc. Make this a happy learning experience.
- Help the children pantomime or dramatize the stories. Encourage them to make the story “come alive.” Keep a box of props, including items such as bath robes, scarves, and a cane to help the children illustrate the Bible characters.
- Practice finding the texts in the Bible. Read them together and explain each text so the children can understand its meaning.
- Illustrate or act out Bible stories such as Daniel in the Lion’s Den, Creation, Garden of Eden, etc., or other Bible story of the Adventurer’s choice.