7 GLOBAL STRATEGIC THEMES & EMPHASES 2006 – 2010
• The salvation of youth through Jesus Christ.
• Equipping youth for service.
• Lead youth to understand their individual worth by helping them discover and develop their spiritual gifts and abilities.
• Equip and empower youth for a life of service within God’s church and community.
• Ensure the integration of youth into all aspects of church life and leadership; make them full participants in the mission of the church.
• Achieve a balanced ministry by incorporating the Biblical dynamics of fellowship, nurture, worship, and mission.
• Relate effective ministry to the needs of youth.
• Conduct ongoing research to discover areas that need attention in the ever-changing youth culture.
• Seek divine guidance through God’s Word.
Strategic Theme #1 REACHING
The General Conference Youth Ministries Department in collaboration with The Center for Global Evangelism, the Sabbath School/Personal Ministries department and Adventist Laymen’s Services and Industries (ASI) will continue to finance, inspire, involve and support the youth in the presentation of a full scale, Christ-centered, doctrinal evangelistic series. This highly ambitious program is known as the Elijah Project.
Strategic Theme #2 CONNECTING
The General Conference Youth Ministries Department firmly believes that prayer is one of the most powerful communication bond, with God that exist in the life of a Christian and it must be reinforced, motivated and done more often.
Strategic Theme #3 RECLAIMING
The General Conference Youth Ministries Department firmly believes in the need of facing the challenge of looking for and reclaiming the lost. We have always been attentive to and cared about young people that are born in families already in the church; but they are leaving the church like water between our fingers. The Gospel of Luke, chapter 15, shows us how Christ, as the Good Shepherd, looks for His lost sheep until it is found; while leaving the other 99 in a safe place. As youth pastors we must imitate this example.
Strategic Theme #4 TRAINING
The General Conference Youth Ministries Department is aware of the necessity of a special training aimed at our pastors, church elders and youth leaders. Often times when our youth pastors leave our seminaries they are not fully equipped to handle a vast majority of today’s youth issues. We believe that working with the youth is a marvelous challenge, and an excellent opportunity for us to influence and lead young people to a fuller and richer experience with Christ. We further believe that provision should be made that will help train and equip our youth pastors to deal with some of these challenges.
Strategic Theme #5 RETAINING
The General Conference Youth Ministries Department recognizes the challenge of the huge presence of Adventist youth, and that the need to keep them both engaged and spiritually alive is a top priority for youth ministry.
Strategic Theme #6 INVOLVING
The General Conference Youth Ministries Department will work together with administration, pastors, educators and ministers throughout the world church to promote Youth Involvement in all aspects of church life
Strategic Theme #7 SERVING
The General Conference Youth Ministries Department will embrace service as a way for our youth to implement a consistent commitment to minister to the needs of others. Young people in every church will be encouraged to share hope to the communities in which they live.