World Conference on Youth and Community Service
The World Conference on Youth and Community Service (WCYCS) is sponsored by the General Conference Youth Ministries Department and occurs every five years. Also visit impactyouth.org to learn more
The overall objectives of the WCYCS are:
- To celebrate God’s grace as a global family of Adventist youth.
- Foster and develop friendship, community, and global unity among the diversity of nations and cultures that our world church represents.
- To experience revival and reformation through a fresh outpouring of the Holy Spirit.
- To mobilize a global Discipleship movement to extend God’s Kingdom worldwide.
- To re-establish Mission as a priority for global youth.
- To provide firsthand experience in frontline Mission and Service.
The WCYCS comprises two phases:
During the first phase, the chosen region is saturated with Community Service Projects (CSP’s) like orphanage visitation and improvements, construction, HIV/Aids awareness and prevention, school developments, community beautification projects, health expos, sports training, and evangelistic meetings. These will be carried out by participating groups from all over the world in partnership with local youths.
The second phase brings all CSP participants, as well as others, together for a celebration of what God would have done through our youth in the first phase and for the development of global community through small groups, discipleship, focused mission training, and worship in the second phase.
Young people between the ages of 16 and 35 and their leaders are encouraged to attend. All divisions, unions, conferences, churches, and educational institutions are urged to send young people and their leaders to this once-in-a-lifetime, life-changing event.
The 2013 WCYCS took place in Pretoria, South Africa. Check out www.gcyouthministries.org for information on the next one. Take any of the ideas/models from this event and add it to yours.